Load-bearing vertical structural component for one or more stories. Made with or without corbels.
- Concrete f´c = 5000 psi.
- Reinforcement fy = 60,000 psi.
- Curves shown for full development of reinforcement.
- Horizontal portion of curve is the maximum for tied columns: 0.80ΦPo.
- Φ = 0.9 for ΦPn = 0
- Φ = 0.7 for ΦPn ≥ 0.10f´ cAg
- (varies from 0.9 to 0.7 for points between)
- Use of Curves
- Enter at left with applied factors axial load, Pu.
- Enter at bottom with applied magnified factored moment, δ Mu.
- Intersection point must be to the left of the curve that indicates required reinforcement.
12 x 12
14 x 14
16 x 16
18 x 18
20 x 20
24 x 24