The Guide Specifications in this catalog may be used as models for either office master specifications or specifications for particular projects.
In either case, the Guide Specifications must be edited to fit the conditions of use. Material is included that will not be suitable for every
purpose and should be deleted as necessary; other material will have to be added for specific projects. Blanks have been provided where appropriate
requirements should be added.
Structural Precast Concrete
PART 1 GENERAL ⇒ part 2 | part 3
- WORK INCLUDED:
Delete if all work to be included is indicated in drawings.
1.02 QUALITY ASSURANCE:
- APPROVED MANUFACTURERS:
Include one of the following manufacturer standards:
- Morse Bros, Incorporated
- Prestressed Concrete Group
- P.O. Box 181, Harrisburg, OR 97446
- (541) 995-6327
- The manufacturer shall be certified by the Prestressed Concrete Institute.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, comply with requirements specified in MNL-116, Manual for
Quality Control for Plants and Production of Precast Prestressed Concrete Products, published by the
Prestressed Concrete Institute. Copies may be obtained from the Institute at 209 W. Jackson Blvd., Ste 500, Chicago, IL 60604, (312) 786-0300.
- PRODUCT DESIGN CRITERIA:
- Submit ________copies of the following design loadings:
- dead and live loads specified on the contract drawings.
- other specified loads
- Design calculations of products not shown on the contract drawings shall be performed by an engineer experienced
in precast hollowcore concrete slab design and registered in the state where the project is located. These calculations shall
be submitted for approval upon request.
- The design shall comply with applicable ACI 318 requirements.
- SHOP DRAWINGS:
- Submit the following:
- dimensioned plans locating all products to be furnished by the manufacturer and indicating the identity mark for each slab
- sections land details showing connections, attached items, and their relations to the structure
- descriptions of all attached items
- erection sequences and handling requirements
1.04 PRODUCT DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
- Protect against damage, distortion, and discoloration.
- Place stored slabs so identification marks are discernible.
- Maintain in flat position.
- Separate and support stacked slabs with battens placed across the full width of the bearing point.
Locate battens no further from designated pick-up points than a distance equal to the depth of the slab.
- Pick up and support slabs near the ends, unless otherwise approved.
1.05 FIELD MEASUREMENTS
- PRIOR TO FABRICATION:
- If field measurements differ slightly from drawing dimensions, modify the work as required for a accurate fit.
If measurements differ substantially, notify the architect / engineer prior to fabrication.
⇒ Section 03411 part 2 | part 3