The Guide Specifications in this catalog may be used as models for either office master specifications or specifications for particular projects.
In either case, the Guide Specifications must be edited to fit the conditions of use. Material is included that will not be suitable for every
purpose and should be deleted as necessary; other material will have to be added for specific projects. Blanks have been provided where appropriate
requirements should be added.
Structural Precast Concrete
PART 1 GENERAL ⇒ part 2 | part 3
- RELATED WORK SPECIFIED ELSEWHERE:
Edit for project conditions. Revise section numbers if they differ from those used in the project manual.
- Shop drawings, product data, and samples. Section 01340.
- Cast-in-place concrete. Section 03300.
- Cast-in-place, post-tensioned concrete. Section 03365.
- Precast concrete Hollowcore slabs. Section 03412.
- Architectural precast concrete. Section 03450.
- Fabricated steel not cast into concrete. Section 05500.
- Waterproofing. Section 071____.
- Dampproofing. Section 071____.
- Sheet metal flashing. Section 07620.
- Sealants and caulking not specified herein. Section 07920.
- Painting. Section 09900.
- WORK FURNISHED BUT INSTALLED BY OTHERS:
- Steel connection plates and anchoring devices for embedding into cast-in-place concrete.
(Specify elsewhere, if appropriate, that foundation plates must be installed within the following
tolerances: alignment, 3/8 inch; levelness, 1/4 inch.)
- WORK INSTALLED BUT FURNISHED BY OTHERS:
- Reglets to receive sheet metal flashing. Section 07620.
- Reglets to receive metal windows. Section 08500.
- Anchoring devices to receive equipment. Division 11.
- Anchoring devices to receive mechanical and electrical work. Divisions 15 and 16, respectively.
1.02 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- APPROVED MANUFACTURER:
- Morse Bros, Incorporated
- Prestressed Concrete Group
- P.O. Box 181, Harrisburg, OR 97446
- (541) 995-6327
- Unless otherwise specified herein, comply with requirements specified in MNL-116,
Manual for Quality Control for Plants and Production of Precast Prestressed Concrete Products,
published by the Prestressed Concrete Institute at :
- 209 W. Jackson Blvd., Ste 500
- Chicago, IL 60606, (312) 786-0300
- DESIGN DATA:
- Submit design calculations prepared by an engineer registered in the state where the project is located, in accordance with Section 01340.
- SHOP DRAWINGS:
- Submit______ copies of shop drawings including the following information, in accordance with Section 01340:
- elevation view, plan view, and location of each panel; include panel identity numbers
- dimensions and finishes
- sections and details showing connections, cast-in items, and their relations to the structure
- descriptions of all loose, cast-in, and field hardware
- field installed anchor locations
- erection sequences and handling requirements
1.04 PRODUCT STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Protect panels against damage, distortion, and discoloration.
- Store panels off the ground.
- Place stored panels so that identification marks are discernible.
- Store panels on edge.
- Storage areas shall be stable and provide with foundations that will prevent differential settlement or twisting of panels.
- Handle only with the lifting devices provided.
1.05 FIELD MEASUREMENTS
- PRIOR TO FABRICATION:
- The general contractor shall verify and submit field measurements to the fabricator prior to fabrication.
- MEASUREMENT DISCREPANCIES:
- If field measurements differ slightly from drawing dimensions, modify the work as required for an accurate fit.
If measurements differ substantially, notify the architect / engineer prior to fabrication.
⇒ Section 03412 part 2 | part 3