The Guide Specifications in this catalog may be used as models for either office master specifications or specifications for particular projects.
In either case, the Guide Specifications must be edited to fit the conditions of use. Material is included that will not be suitable for every
purpose and should be deleted as necessary; other material will have to be added for specific projects. Blanks have been provided where appropriate
requirements should be added.
Structural Precast Concrete
PART 2 PRODUCTS ⇒ part 1 | part 3
Delete or add materials to the following list as required for the particular job.
- PORTLAND CEMENT:
- ASTM C150 Type I or III.
- ASTM C33.
- Potable and free from amounts of foreign materials harmful to concrete and embedded steel.
- PRESTRESSING STRAND:
- Uncoated, seven-wire stress relieved: ASTM A416, Grade 270K.
- THERMAL INSULATION:
- Material: rigid polystyrene.
- Density; 11˛2 PCF.
- Thickness: 2 inches. (3 inches may be used for increased R-value. This will increase overall panel thickness by 1 inch.)
- Cement grout: Portland cement, sand, and water sufficient for placement and hydration.
- Minimum 28-day compressive strength: 3500 psi.
- JOINT SEALANT:
- Designer’s choice. Specify brand name.
2.02 PANEL MANUFACTURE
- Comply with applicable provisions of the referenced standards (see 1.02.A above).
- Design and fabricate panels to withstand stresses induced by applied loads, wind loads, air temperature changes, and handling.
- Design and fabricate panels to permit structural frame movement caused by air temperature changes and applied loads.
- Prestress both panel faces to minimize panel cracking and ensure panel straightness.
- Cast panels with openings shown on drawings.
- Recess lifting hooks in panel edges.
- Mark each panel edge with the appropriate identity number in the locations shown on the shop drawings.
- MANUFACTURING TOLERANCES:
- Manufacture panels within the following dimensional tolerances:
- panel width:±1/8 inch
- panel length: ±1/2 inch
- panel thickness: ±1/4 inch
- opening locations: ±1 inch from centerline location on drawing
- insert location: ±1 inch from centerline location on drawings
- panel and opening squareness: 1/4 inch per 10 feet maximum difference between two opposite diagonal measurements
- maximum bowing or warpage: 1/360 of span
- maximum warpage of one corner compared to other three: 1/8 inch per 10 feet
- SHOP PAINTING OF EXPOSED METAL WORK:
1. Cover with 1.0 mil dry film thickness of shop primer.
⇒ Section 03412 part 2 | part 3